Adult MSK (Musculoskeletal) Service – Bexley
- You can now refer yourself directly to the Bexley MSK Service for simple physiotherapy problems without visiting your GP first, simply click on the banner to sign up!
- Please provide as much information as you can about your condition, this really helps us assess your needs and next steps.
- Following receipt of your self-referral, one of our team will be in touch to arrange a telephone triage session with a physiotherapist, and this will take around 20 minutes.
- From then, the team will discuss with you the next steps.
- Please note that self-referral is most helpful if you are suffering from recent injuries such as strains and sprains, or joint and muscular pain.
Please read more about the Bexley MSK service…
About Bexley MSK
We can help you to manage a range of common conditions, such as;
- Sports injuries
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Emotional distress caused by painful conditions
When you attend our service you will be seen by a member of our team who will help develop a treatment plan to meet your needs, common treatments include;
- Education sessions on health and wellbeing
- Advice on sport and exercise
- Rehabilitation with focussed 1:1 exercise sessions
- Group exercise classes including Pilates and hydrotherapy
- Foot orthoses, braces, splints and footwear advice
- Post-operative care following orthopaedic surgery
- Psychotherapy and psychology-led group sessions
If your condition does not get better, your Clinician will be able to help you onto the next stage of your care plan by facilitating;
- Referrals for clinical investigations such as x-rays, MRIs, and blood testing
- Referrals on for consultant opinions such as orthopaedics, rheumatology and pain management teams
The Bexley Team
Bexley MSK is a multidisciplinary Team which means we are a group of professionals from different disciplines who together make decisions about how to care for MSK conditions. Multidisciplinary teams are the Gold Standard for managing MSK conditions which means you will get the best possible outcome under our care. When you access our service you may see one or more health professionals, and once under our care you can move easily within the service to find the right treatment plan for you.
Our specialist team includes
Extended Scope Practitioner (ESP)
A highly skilled physiotherapist who specialises in a specific clinical area. Our service has clinicians who specialise in the management of upper limb, lower limb, spine and complex pain conditions. They assess patients, order investigations (blood tests, scans -, MRI, Ultrasound,)start simple, non-surgical treatments and refer to surgeons, rheumatologists and pain specialists.
A specialist therapist with expertise in treating joint, bone and muscle problems and disabilities.
An occupational therapist or physiotherapist who specialises in assessing, diagnosing and treating hand and upper limb problems. They often help to speed up patients' recovery after surgery.
A specialist in assessing, diagnosing and treating foot problems. A podiatrist is qualified to care for people with sports injuries and conditions such as arthritis and plantar fasciitis.
Pain Psychologists are experts in helping people cope with the thoughts, feelings and behaviours that accompany long term pain.