Receptionists/care navigators ask patients the reason for booking an appointment to enable them to book appointments with right clinicians and help you get the the most appropriate service to meet your needs. Our Practice is a multidisciplinary team of Doctors, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Associates, Clinical Pharmacist, Nurses, Paramedic and health care Assistant.
Doctors and experienced Nurse Practitioner appointments are mainly to deal with complex medical problems.
Please note that if appointments are not correctly booked then you may not receive the service you have booked an appointment for and may need to rebook an appointment with the right clinician.
What Drs won’t do
- Pill check
- Travel advice
- Routine Blood Pressure check.
- Medication reviews for stable chronic long term medical condition
- Do not book implant or coil appointments directly - please speak to receptionist
Appointment for uncontrolled long term condition is fine to book with a doctor or nurse practitioner
For HGV/driver/medical/fostering/ Adoption/ insurance/ Employment Medical Sir questionnaires, please give your details to reception staff and a member of staff will contact you to give an appointment.
All medication reviews for stable conditions are done by Clinical Pharmacist who will liaise with clinicians as needed. You can book an appointment with Clinical Pharmacist by telephone or in person.
Physician Associates can deal with minor and simple illnesses to manage on the day urgent demand. If you have a very complex medical problem with more than one or two symptoms and you suffer with multiple conditions or take too many medications then Physician Associate will book you with a Doctor or Nurse Practitioner. Please note we have limited on the day urgent slots with the Doctors and Nurse Practitioners which are given on first come first serve basis.
Physician Associates can also do Asthma, COPD, Coronary Heart Disease reviews.
Nurses can do following:
- Adult immunisations
- Travel advice and immunisations
- Alcohol advice
- B12 injections
- Blood pressure checks
- Coronary Heart Disease Reviews
- Child immunisations
- Depo-injections for contraception
- Diabetes review
- Ear Syringing
- Asthma/COPD reviews
- Learning disability review
- NHS Check
- Pregnancy pertussis vaccinations
- Weight management
- Wound care
- Zoladex injections
HCAs can do following:
- Asthma reviews
- Alcohol advice
- COPD reviews
- B12 injections,
- Flu and pneumococcal vaccinations in adults only
- Routine well controlled annual diabetic check
- Routine well controlled annual Coronary Heart Disease check.
- Routine stable Blood pressure check
- Dietary advice
- Simple dressings
- Ear syringing
- Learning disability checks
- New patient check
- NHS Health check
- Sutures removal
- Urine dip test
- Weight Management