A doctor is contactable during the normal working weekday using the surgery telephone number.
The Ambulance Service
If your query is related directly to a life-threatening or emergency situation, you should telephone 999 immediately and ask for an ambulance.
The NHS 111 service
The NHS 111 service is also available in certain areas of the country. You should use this service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it is not a life-threatening situation.
Call 111 if:
- You need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency.
- You think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service.
- You don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call.
- You need health information or reassurance about what to do next.
- For less urgent health needs, contact your GP or local pharmacist in the usual way.
- For immediate, life-threatening emergencies, continue to call 999.